Friday, July 4, 2008

Daylily Seedling FFOs


FFO- First Flower Open. It's always exciting to see the very first bloom on a plant I've hybridized, even if it's not that great. A couple of years ago I crossed a bunch of daylilies just to see what I would get. Last year I started the seeds indoors, and planted them out in June. This year they are putting our their very first blooms. So far, nothing is all that great, but they aren't too bad either. My main goal was to hybridize repeat bloom into them so only time will tell if I've succeeded in that.

5 comments:

AngelaMichelle said...

Came across your blog through Etsy. Your daylilies are beautiful - I used to work on a daylily farm in high school. Now I think it's had to close b/c the plants got rust. One more comment/question: Is your cat really 20 lbs? I thought my cat was big...

Margaret said...

beautiful pictures.

DZFANTASY said...

Cheryl,

Love your lilies!! My tiny clematis looks like nothing compared to yours! Wowee...it is great!

DZ

Bubbles said...

These are so beautiful! Have you ever thought about selling your photography on Etsy. I can imagine these in a photoframe with 3 square sections in colour and black and white. They will look great :)

twenty pound tabby said...

Actually, I am selling flower photos as cards under TabbyToo