Sunday, February 8, 2009

Poet Shirt with Lucet Cord


I finally finished the poet shirt I was making for my spouse Chris, as part of his Morris Dance kit. This was the shirt I was making a lucet cord for, which I posted about earlier.

Next, I'll be making my daughter a poet shirt for her kit, and maroon britches for both. Then I should be able to get a picture of the whole kit. This is different from the normal white shirt and white pants they usually wear. The white poet shirt and maroon britches kit will have a more Renaissance fair look to it and will probably be used at the Colorado Medieval Festival in June if we dance there.

4 comments:

Katknit said...

Morris Dancing! Too cool! We've seen it done in England a couple of times, but never here in the US.
Nice shirt and lacing!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

That's a great shirt! I'd love to make my husband one someday. We live down the road from the PA Renaissance Faire. I love going there.

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

ooooooo I love the shirt! It takes me back to the clothes I wore as a young woman :D I look forward to seeing photos of the entire "ensemble" for both husband and (oh-so-gorgeous) daughter.

Unknown said...

It's womderful!!!
Would go great with my bagpipe outfit.