Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Necklace from Sandfibers


I try not to succumb to temptation too often, but I could not resist this necklace from Sandfibers. For many months, I would look at it in her shop and put it in my treasuries. Surprisingly it didn't sell, so, it must have been fated that I was to have it. Since I'm too old and ugly to model it in a flattering way, I used my in-house model, Emily to show it off. Emily wanted to keep it.

It is a medallion made from glass fused onto clay by Artisanclay with peyote bead weaving by Sandfibers. It really does evoke deep blue Caribbean waters.

SandFibers.etsy.com

2 comments:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

I am so glad this piece has found a good, appreciative home. It's one of my favorite creations to date :D Thank you!

Periwinkle Studio said...

I remember that piece! It is beautiful! So glad it is yours!