Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New Quilted Kitty Pot Holder


It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that I would love Laurel Burch designer fabric, with the bright colors and the all the kitty cats. So, I've acquired quite a stash of it, but didn't really have any plans for it.
Well, I joined the quilts and heirlooms team on Etsy and was inspired to made something quilted with it. I hadn't quilted much in about a decade, so I started slow and made some pot holders. I think it took longer to find my walking foot than it did to make the pot holder, but it's a start.
The front is made from Moda quilt fabric, black Egyptian cotton and a Laurel Burch panel, the back is made from black Egyptian cotton. There is a layer of Insul Bright heat resistant batting and a layer of Hobbs cotton batting in the middle.
It can be found here.

9 comments:

Carol Dean said...

sweeeeeeeeeet! I love Laurel Birch designs and you've showcased this beautifully with your supporting fabrics! :D

FairiesNest said...

Lovely! As a cat lover and crazy cat lady in training, I'm a huge fan of Laurel Birch designs too.

ThreadBeaur said...

Nice Job! Cute fabric.

Rosebud Collection said...

You did a wonderful job and it is lovely..The colors and cat are beautiful..

Furkidsmom said...

That's pawsome! You have some purrty things on your blog.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Evie/VampyVictor said...

Oh wow, as always your use of colors is just perfect! Love it!!! :)

Tracey R Gates said...

I love it! Nice color combination.

Periwinkle Studio said...

Gorgeous!!!!!! I love the bright and whimsical colors! :)

Three Fates said...

This is fantastic. I love the colors.

I just wanted to let you know that I have a blog award for you. http://threefatesdesign.blogspot.com/

I love all the colors you use and always love checking out new things on your blog. :D